Areas of Focus
I specialize in Couples Therapy, Sex Therapy, and Medical Family Therapy, which means I’ve received extensive training and supervision in working with couples, though of course I also work with individuals — I just pay more attention to the various relationships in your life than other therapists might. You can learn more about my theoretical orientation here.
My work is especially well-suited for those dealing with:
- Infidelity, including an emotional affair.
- Sexual dysfunction, pain, discomfort, unease, or lack of desire.
- Grief for lost relationships — bereavement, post-divorce, post-break up, ‘chronically single’, or those struggling to form the connections they want in their lives.
- Life-altering medical diagnoses, chronic illness, infertility, pregnancy loss or miscarriage, or terminal illness and end of life.
- Major life transitions (such as career changes or couples seeking pre-marital counseling).
- Anger, communication, and assertiveness.
- Difficult family relationships, including those between adolescents and their parents.
- Disagreement about whether to try (or re-try) couples therapy or to formally begin the process of separation — I provide Discernment Counseling for couples who are ‘on different pages’.
Fees and Insurance
I offer a sliding scale from $120-$150 per session based on your income and other financial circumstances. My fee is the same for couples and families as it is for individuals.
I don’t currently accept insurance directly. However:
- If you have an insurance plan that reimburses you for out-of-network outpatient mental health services (many PPO plans do), I am happy to provide statements for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- And I can accept payments from your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you have an insurance plan that utilizes one.
I also accept checks, cash, and Visa/MasterCard/AmEx/Discover cards.
On a limited basis, I may be able to negotiate a lower fee with you depending on your financial circumstances and scheduling flexibility — or I can help connect you with wonderful low-fee interns and junior therapists.